TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE AVIVA NAME AND LOGO
By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, therefore please read them carefully.
In this Agreement unless the context requires otherwise the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
“Aviva” means Aviva PLC (company number 02468686), whose registered office is at St Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQ;
“Aviva Name” means the word “Aviva” however displayed and in any form or format;
“Aviva Company” means Aviva PLC and any subsidiary from time to time of Aviva PLC;
“Logo” means the Aviva logo as made available and/or any variation or similar mark;
“Permitted Purpose” means any of the following: selling and advising on Products (provided that You have any required legal and regulatory authorisations and additionally in the case of selling Products, provided that you have in force an agreement with the appropriate Aviva Company or a third party validly acting on its behalf to do so), of providing information on any Aviva Company, reporting on any Aviva Company and its Products, provided that any such provision of information or reporting is fair and lawful; associations with any Aviva Company and its Products;
“Products” means the goods and services provided by or on behalf of any Aviva Company; and
“You” means the individual or company which agrees and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
The name “Aviva” and the Logo are registered trade marks belonging to Aviva. You wish to use and display the Aviva Name and the Logo and Aviva is willing to permit You to do so on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
1. In consideration of You agreeing to comply with the terms of this Agreement, Aviva grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable license, free of charge to use the Aviva Name and the Logo for the Permitted Purpose and to do so on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
2. This Agreement shall commence when You access and use the Brand website and shall continue in force for 24 months or for such period the Aviva Name and/or the Logo is required to be used by You for the Permitted Purpose, if shorter, unless in either case this Agreement is terminated earlier in accordance with the other provisions set out below.
3. You undertake:
a. to use the Aviva Name and the Logo in accordance with specifications laid down, directions given, and information supplied by the Aviva and by persons authorised by Aviva from time to time;
b. to use the Aviva Name and the Logo only for the Permitted Purpose; and
c. to permit Aviva or its authorised representatives, at all reasonable times to enter Your premises to inspect the use of the Aviva Name and the Logo; and
d. not to alter, amend or distort the Aviva Name and/or the Logo in any way.
4. You further undertake:
a. to use the Aviva Name and the Logo without alteration or modification and in such manner and with such acknowledgement of proprietorship as shall from time to time be stipulated by Aviva;
b. not to apply any other trademark to the Aviva Name and/or the Logo (save as may be expressly agreed otherwise by Aviva in writing) nor to use Aviva Name and/or Logo in any way which is liable to injure the reputation or distinctiveness of the Aviva Name and/or the Logo; and
c. not to use the Aviva Name and/or Logo in any way which might cause Aviva or any other Aviva Company to be brought into disrepute.
5. If in the sole discretion of Aviva, You use or propose to use the Aviva Name and/or the Logo in any way which may injure the reputation or the validity of the trade marks in the Aviva Name and/or the Logo or the reputation of Aviva or any other Aviva Company, Aviva may terminate this Agreement immediately.
6. You may not access or use this website to exploit, extract, screen scrape, publish, distribute, or reproduce any part of it and may not use “bots” or other electronic automatons to interact with the website.
7. You must not use, extract or reproduce any Aviva Company trade mark, or any content, except as expressly permitted by Aviva
8. Aviva reserves the right to revoke permission to access this website and/or take legal action if it discovers:
a. any unauthorised use or interference with access to the website, misappropriation, misuse or infringement of our content, website functionality, look and feel of the website or interference with the identity of the website; and/or
b. any unauthorised use, infringement or any action to impair the goodwill of an Aviva Company’s trade names, trade marks or other intellectual property rights.
9. You shall indemnify and keep indemnified, Aviva and all other Aviva Companies against any and all liability, loss, damages, costs, legal costs, professional and other expenses of any nature whatsoever incurred or suffered by any such company caused by You using the Aviva Name and/or the Logo in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement.
10. This Agreement will be terminated in the following circumstances:
a. by Aviva Company giving You written notice;
b. immediately if You are in breach of any obligation or condition of this Agreement;
11. Upon termination of this Agreement for whatever reason, You shall immediately cease to make use of the Aviva Name and/or the Logo and shall within 30 days of such termination either deliver up to Aviva or (as directed by Aviva) destroy any material bearing the Aviva Name and/or the Logo.
12. You may not assign or sub-license any right or permission given to you under this Agreement.
13. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any dispute in relation to it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.